Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fold your own board bag

Manual Caro of Mandala Custom Shapes is constantly making beautiful surf boards and while I was browsing through some of my favourite sites the other day I came across the following post on his blog and just had to share it:

"I’ve been making my own board bags for years and during the last few I’ve skipped the sewing part altogether and started wrapping the boards in old sheets and cool sections of fabric that I find at thrift stores.  The Japanese call the art of wrapping gifts in cloth and paper “TSUTSUMI.”  Here’s a step by step on how to make a simple board bag without having to do anything but a square knot :)


I for one will be giving this a go with some future boards and a whole lot of interesting fabric. Thank you for sharing this Manuel.

You can find his work at mandalacustomshapes.com and theswallowtailsociety.tumblr.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment